Mr Pickfords and Rutland Late Night pharmacies are offering COVID vaccinations. Please note you will need to make an appointment with the pharmacy of your choice.
The mobile vaccination vehicle will be visiting some specific locations and touring some villages – the details are listed below.
- Cottesmore Village Hall, LE15 7DH 9am – 12pm
- Exton, The Fox & Hounds car park LE15 8AP 1pm – 3pm
- Market Overton, Lodge Trust, LE15 7PL 3pm – 4pm
- Rhyall Village Hall, PE9 4HR 10am – 12pm
- Empingham The White Horse pub car park, LE15 8PS 1pm – 2pm
- Greetham Community Centre, LE15 7NG 9am – 12pm
- Clipsham, The Olive Branch pub car park, LE15 7SH 1pm – 2pm
- Stretton, Jackson Stops Inn car park, LE15 7RA 2pm – 3pm
- Thistleton Herb Nursery, LE15 7RE 3pm – 4pm
- Ketton Library, PE9 3TE 9:30am – 11:30am
- Edith Weston Village Hall, LE15 8HE 12pm – 2pm
- North Luffenham Green, near allotments, LE15 8FH 2pm – 3pm
- South Luffenham, The Boot Inn car park, LE15 8NX 3pm – 4pm
The four GP practices in Rutland have made the difficult decision to not deliver the Covid Autumn booster vaccination programme. This was a complex decision based on availability of Practice resources including staff availability. To deliver the Covid vaccination this autumn, the practices would have to divert significant time away from routine appointments and services.
In addition, NHS England has significantly reduced the payments for Covid vaccinations which consequently effects the level of service that can be delivered without significantly impacting core services. The British Medical Association has stated ‘upon its own assessment that this [reduction in tariff] regrettably makes the delivery of the Covid vaccination programme financially unviable for practices and PCNs.’
Instead, the practices have chosen to focus on providing a successful flu vaccination programme with minimal disruption to other appointments and services for patients. Your GP practice will contact you to book your flu vaccination appointment.
There will be alternative vaccination sites that patients will be able to access for their Covid vaccination, including pharmacies and vaccination centres. All patients eligible for a Covid booster will be contacted by the NHS via SMS or letter. Once the Covid vaccinations are available, patients can book an appointment by calling 119 or visiting:
Care home and housebound patients will be vaccinated by local vaccination teams organised by Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland Integrated Care Board. They will contact you when they have organised vaccinations.
If you would like more information about the Covid autumn booster, including if you are eligible, please click the following link: Covid autumn booster vaccine 2023: Everything you need to know – Department of Health and Social Care Media Centre (blog.gov.uk)