The Practice runs Diabetic clinics. All Diabetic patients are seen on a 6 monthly basis or more frequently if required. The clinics are run by our Nurse Practitioner Julie Hunt. The aim of the clinics is to provide education, support and monitoring of your condition and early detection and prevention of complications.
At the clinic:
- Blood test results and Diabetic control are discussed
- Blood pressure and weight are monitored
- Dietary advice/lifestyle advice are given
- Urine is tested
- Feet are checked/foot care advice given
- Home monitoring is discussed.